Internships for graduate students are intended to give you relevant work experience in an international organization and increase your understanding of democracy, political dialogue and social justice. You will be part of our team and support us in project and activity planning and implementation, communication, general administration and research. We offer internships to both international and national applicants in order to enhance intercultural competence and cooperation.
Prospective candidates should:
- Be enrolled in a degree programme (Bachelor, Master) at a university in political sciences, social sciences, development studies, economics, or related fields during the entire duration of your internship. An internship after graduation is possible for national interns only.
- Have an excellent command both written and spoken of English.
- Be able to work well in a small team and adapt to an international working environment.
Please keep in mind:
- The normal duration of an internship is three months on a full-time basis.
- Interns are paid. But all costs related to your travel (to and from Tanzania), insurance, accommodation in Dar es Salaam, and living expenses must be borne by the intern. You must show proof of a valid medical insurance coverage before your arrival. We also encourage interns from abroad to be covered with an international third-party liability and accident insurance in case of personal loss or damage during the internship period as FES will not assume liability for any injury or damage.
- Applicants from abroad are responsible for obtaining and financing the residence permit and visa (US$250.00). Please be aware that the clearance process with the Ministry of Education and Immigration in Tanzania for compulsory internships (international interns) can take up to 5 months from the time documents are received.
- The cost of living in Dar es Salaam is very high.
How to apply:
Please send your documents to: info.tanzania(at)fes.de
- Motivation letter (max. one page)
- CV (max. two pages)
We are looking forward to receiving your applications!
Please note that due to the high number of applications, we are unable to provide individual feedback unless we invite you for an interview.