FES Tanzania regrets to inform every interested applicant that following the Corona crisis all internship applications for the year 2020 have been suspended and can not be honored. However, we are currently open for internship applications within the period of February to June 2021.
Please note that applications need to be received by our office until 15th August 2020. Below, you can find information about the possibilities of an internship in our office based in Dar es Salaam.
The internship will be of up to three months (maximum!), preferably on full time basis for the full three months period. Your internship should be planned within the period mentioned above.
You should hold a degree in Bachelor of Arts (or higher) in political sciences, social sciences, development studies, economics, African studies, or related fields. You should demonstrate an interest in social issues, be dedicated and interested to work in a small team in which your ideas and own initiative are welcomed. Fluency in English (both oral and in writing) is mandatory.
As you become part of a small team in a flexible working environment, your tasks include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in organizational preparation and implementation of activities - Writing of conference reports and minutes
- Preparation of press dossiers and briefings/presentations about pertinent political and development topics in Tanzania
- Assisting in performing day-to-day administrative duties
Make sure to send us
1) Your covering/motivation letter (max. one page) with information about the possible timing and your reason to do this internship in Tanzania, and with FES in particular.
2) Your CV (max. two pages). Letters of recommendation are optional.
Please send your documents to: info(at)fes-tanzania.org
In case you have any further questions regarding internships, please direct them in English to the same contact.
FES Tanzania strives to offer internships to both international and national applicants in order to enhance intercultural learning and cooperation. In case applicants from abroad wish to apply for an internship at FES Tanzania, please consider the following additional costs which FES cannot sponsor:
- Travel costs to and from Tanzania
- International health insurance – this is a mandatory requirement and will be checked before your arrival in the country
- Housing and general living expenses in Dar es Salaam
- Costs for visa and residence permits (up to 300 US-Dollars)
Furthermore, FES Tanzania encourages international interns to be covered with an international third party liability and accident insurance as we cannot be held liable as an organization in case of personal loss or damage during the internship period.
Please submit your application with sufficient time ahead (at least two months) of your preferred internship as the organization of necessary procedures as well as your personal matters will take ample time. We are looking forward to receiving your applications!